Monday, November 28, 2011

HOW IS LUXURY DEFINITION CHANGING?



I've recently read a very interesting article at Forbes online magazine about "How The Uncertain Economy Is Changing The Definition Of Luxury"

For the ones in the fashion field or the curious I highly recommend to read it.


“These last three down-market years have created a dramatic shift in the definition of what luxury is. This recession has affected even the rich. No longer is luxury defined by excess and conspicuous consumption. Now luxury means products with higher perceived value and increased practicality. Demonstrating this is the near-disappearance of the ‘logo-covered product’ in the marketplace. The face of luxury is becoming much more subtle, understated and less ostentatious. Branded names are still the strong sellers, but the economy has dictated that it’s no longer fashionable to make sure everyone knows what brand you carry or wear from meters away,” 


I personally always felt repelled by products which show off their brand's logo everywhere. It instantly reports me  to some corny football player  showing off his quick money (and lack of taste, I'm sorry). I really appreciate that those ages of LV and Gucci logo's plague are going away 'cause I mean: If I wouldnt  have the money to buy a luxurious "logo-covered" bag I would prefer to spend my money on a prettier bag rather than on a contrafaction. And if I have the money for it, why would I buy something that is counterfeit everywhere??! So my question is, who the hell buys that?

 Li recentemente um artigo muito interessante no site da Forbes sobre como a Incerteza na Economia está a mudar a definição de Luxo para os curiosos e para os da área  aconselho vivamente a ler.

Eu pessoalmente sempre me senti repelida a comprar produtos que mostrem a marca por todo o lado. Reporta-me instantaneamente para qualquer jogador de futebol (género Cristiano Ronaldo) a mostrar a sua fortuna em modo show off (sem ofensa). Agradeço sinceramente e faço preces para que esses anos da praga LV e Gucci desapareçam rapidamente porque sinceramente: se eu tivesse dinheiro para comprar uma dessas malas empestenhada com LV por todo o lado, preferia comprar uma mais bonita e de qualidade (porque a bom da verdade beleza elas não têm nenhuma) do que ir a feira de Carcavelos arranjar uma. E se tivesse o dinheiro para tal, porque é que iria dar um dinheirão por algo que está contrafeito por toda a parte?!. Portanto a minha questão é : quem diabo ainda quer comprar aquilo?!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!